The 1st meeting of the National Advisory Board (NAB) of the ARTISAN Project took place on February 2017 at the University of Castilla-La Mancha The Committee is consisted of:
• Mr. Juan Antonio Mondéjar (expert in tourism marketing).
• Mr. Felipe Hernández (Chair sponsored of Family Business Institute).
• Mr. Manuel Murcia (President of the Association of Young Entrepreneurs of Albacete).
• Mrs. Mª. Isabel de Miguel (Director of the Family Business Association of Castilla-La Mancha).
• Mr. Pascual Parada (Strategy Consultant for business growth).
• Mr. Malaquías Jiménez (Manager of the Rural Development Center of La Manchuela: artisan and agro-tourism).
• Mrs. Juani Oñate (Local Development Agent of the Association for the Development of La Manchuela: artisan and agro-tourism).
• Mrs.Encarna Arteaga (Manager of the Rural Tourism Association of La Manchuela).
• Mr. Rafael Fernández (Manager of the Sierra del Segura Local Action Group: artisan and agro-tourism).
• Mr. Juan Ángel Martínez (President of the Rural Tourism Association Sierra del Segura).
• Mrs. Mª. Belén Montoya (Head of Tourism and Artisan Service, Provincial Directorate of Albacete, Ministry of Economy, Business and Employment, Government of Castilla-La Mancha).
The agenda of the meeting included the detailed presentation of the ARTISAN project and the discussion of the first report entitled: "State of the Art and Policy Recommendations" for Spain. The board members who attended were grateful to be part of the committee and highlighted the importance of the project for small & medium artisan and agro-tourism family businesses.
Board members commented on the main challenges that small family businesses of agro-tourism and artisan production have and made some suggestions to consider them during the development of the ARTISAN Training Programme.