UNIVERSIDADE DA BEIRA INTERIOR, Portugal
The University of Beira Interior (UBI) is today a landmark institution at national and international level of education, research, innovation and entrepreneurship. The Entrepreneurship, competitiveness and Innovation is one line of research developed within the Research Unit – NECE. This line of research aims to encourage the entrepreneurship, competitiveness, and innovation of Portuguese firms and to help to develop an entrepreneurial and competitive society. The entrepreneurship education arises like a key tool in the use of the competences of the human resources to the new firm creation.
The primary purpose of this research area is to evaluate the impact of education on entrepreneurial activities.
The specific objectives focused on entrepreneurship education intended:
- To verify if the development of attributes and competences that form the base of the entrepreneurship will be able to have been influenced for the acquisition of more specific knowledge on the enterprise activity, throughout the several levels of education;
- To understand of that way the education of the entrepreneurship will be able to contribute to prepare the children and the young of form to become them individuals with intellectual autonomy, physical, emotional and social;
- To analyze the impact of the extra-curricular activities for the learning of the entrepreneurship;
- To analyze the impact of the formation in entrepreneurship to the university level in the creation of companies and the creation of the proper job;
- To study the effect of the education of the entrepreneurship in the propensity for the creation of companies of technological base.